After moving here more than 12 years ago, I can certainly think of more that 10 reasons to live in Statesville, but I will highlight what I feel are the best attributes of Statesville and the surrounding areas.
#1. Weather! After moving here from New England, I can tell you that warmer is better. When winter extends to 9 months, that’s just a little too long for my blood. I have also lived in Florida and I can say that is almost a little too warm there. Just like “the three little bears”, Statesville is “Just Right”. With average temperatures in the winter around 40 – 50 degrees and a summer average of 65 to 75 degrees, it is pretty comfortable all year round.
#2. People: Come to Statesville and you will find the true meaning of Southern Hospitality. The people who live here are warm and friendly and willing to help you find your way. No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be a group or organization that you can become a part of in Statesville. The Greater Statesville Chamber of Commerce is very active in the community and provides networking opportunities, leads groups, business opportunities and a multitude of resources to newcomers.
#3 Communities: No matter what type of community you are searching for, Statesville offers everything from Gated waterfront communities to traditional single family homes. Our communities consist of Grand Historic homes located in downtown Statesville, New Home communities with amenities, Waterfront and waterview homes on Lake Norman, traditional brick ranch homes, Grand Estates, Golf course living, townhomes, country homes with acreage, mobile and modular homes, patio homes and adult communities. Prices range from under $100,000 to more than $9 million. There is something for everyone in Statesville and a home to fit every budget. Visit www.StatesvilleRealEstateGuide.com for a complete list of homes in the Statesville area. You can search on the links in the table below for specialized categories. Here are just a few of the communities you may want to explore:
Falls Cove – Waterfront and Waterview Lot on Lake Norman, Troutman area new community, amenities
Fox Den – Golf community, variety of homes, clubhouse and restaurant
Harbor Watch – Gated waterfront community, dayslips, 2 fishing ponds, affordable large wooded lots.
Magnolia Glen – Historic Upscale Community close to downtown Statesville. Maintenance free living.
#4 Charities: Statesville, I am proud to say, is full of many wonderful charitable organizations. This community always comes together to help a fellow resident. I was honored to serve as board president for Iredell County Habitat for Humanity. There is nothing more rewarding than to see a very deserving family walk through the door of their very first home. This year, the second “Women Build” home will built for our community. Here is a list and links to just a few hard working organizations helping the people of Statesville and Iredell County. Their work is immeasurable.
#5 Recreation – If keeping in shape is top priority for you or if you just enjoy a nice long walk to check out the scenery, Statesville has a place for it! There are several indoor gyms such as Peak Fitness, Curves, All American Gym and the YMCA to name a few. The brand new Statesville Fitness and Activity Center just had it’s grand opening and features a lazy river, rock climbing wall, free childcare and a swimming pool. There are also several parks with tennis courts, gazebos for summer picnics and walking trails.
– The Iredell Statesville School system is ranked 9th in the state for academics and SAT scores that rank 7th in the state. Dr. Terry Holliday, his staff, the teachers and the community has worked hard over the past 6 years to really improve the numbers for our school system. It is not just a school effort, but a community effort. The school system has over 185 business partners and 64 Faith based partners to help with the students. Iredell–Statesville is almost complete with Phase II of school construction projects totaling $170 million. More than 18 schools have received new additions. New student options will include:
- 2 International Baccalaureate sites
- Virtual Public High School
- 2 NC learn and earn College High School programs
- 2 Elementary Magnet Schools (Cloverleaf and E. Iredell Middle)
With their new motto: “Do anything you want to do”, Iredell–Statesville Schools have really stepped up to the plate to offer our children the best education we can give them.
#7 Historic Downtown- Take a leisurely stroll down Broad Street or Center Street and discover the hidden treasures of Downtown Statesville. Visit the many shops and restaurants, take a tour of the beautiful Historic residential homes, discover the movie “walk of fame” to see the big stars that have walked the streets of Statesville (most recently George Clooney!)
#9 Lake Norman
– There is nothing more relaxing than a leisurely boat ride around Beautiful Lake Norman. Gather family and friends for a day full of sun and fun. With over 500 miles of shoreline on Lake Norman, you are sure to get lost (literally!) exploring the beauty of the lake. Stop on one of the islands and picnic or hang out on the sandbars with hundreds of other boaters. Pull up to the marinas and enjoy a great lunch at the waterfront restaurants or join in the nightlife at Queens Marina in Mooresville. If you are looking for a waterfront home, this is a fabulous way to get a whole new view of the available properties. The waterfront homes in the Statesville area are on the main channel of the Catawba River that flows into Lake Norman. We like to call this the “quiet” end of the lake with much less traffic and calmer waters.
#10 Business Opportunities
– Business is thriving in Statesville and growth is expected to explode in the next decade. It has been named #1 or #2 Micopolitan area 6 times since 1999 in national publications. Statesville offers a superior location at the intersection of I-77 and I-40. Advantages include: 38 miles north of Charlotte, the largest MSA in the Carolinas, 15 minutes from Lake Norman the largest lake in North Carolina, and 45 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway. The community is less than one hour’s interstate drive to direct flights to Europe and 123 non-stop flights across North America at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, and less than one hour from the Fed Ex Mid-Atlantic Sorting Hub located at the Piedmont Triad International Airport. The Town of Troutman is also part of Greater Statesville and includes waterfront communities on Lake Norman. Iredell County is a thriving industrialized area, and the Greater Statesville service area includes more than 180 industrial operations, including plastics, transportation equipment, metal working, and distribution. Visit the Greater Statesville NC Development Corp. for all the details of this growing area.
Well……….There you have it! Why I love living in Statesville and Iredell County. What more could you ask for? If you would like more information on our area, feel free to call me or visit my website for additional community resources and links. We hope you come visit and decide to stay!
Sonya Leonard, Realtor®, ABR, GRI
Exit Home Team Realty
Statesville, NC 28677
Statesville NC Real Estate, Statesville NC Sonya Leonard of Exit Home Team Realty is your local real estate expert in Statesville North Carolina. Specializing in working with buyers and sellers of Residential homes and land. The Statesville Real Estate Guide provides free access to individualized home searches for all homes in Statesville, Mooresville, Troutman, Lake Norman and the entire Lake Norman Area. Explore buyer and seller reports, community resources, new home communities and be sure to sign up for your personal home search. Let Sonya help you INVEST in Real Estate and you Future!
Click below to explore our local real estate market